- DESCRIPTION: 20/30 Penetration Grade Bitumen is produced from the vacuum distillation of crude oil and is classified according to its penetration range.
- USES: 20/30 Penetration Grade Bitumen is used in the manufacture of hot mix asphalt for base courses and wearing courses.
- PROPERTIES: 20/30 Penetration Grade Bitumen is a thermoplastic material which softens gradually as it is heated and hardens as it is cooled. This unique temperature/viscosity relationship is important when determining its performance parameters and application temperatures. Unlike modified binders, penetration grade bitumen acts as a Newtonian fluid at high in-service temperatures, which allows one to establish a temperature/viscosity relationship.
- DIRECTIONS FOR USE: Asphalt mixing temperature range from 150°C – 160°C. Asphalt compaction temperature range between 135°C – 145°C. Maximum storage temperatures for less than 24 hours, 160°C and more 24 hours, 140°C
- Packing: 180(Kg) new steel drum
Any copying of information is forbidden and prosecuted. Technical information is valid for buyers of the product and based on a sales contract (Data Sheet – version 981)