Product Name: CUTBACK BITUMEN Medium curing cutback bitumen MC-15
- Priming and Tack Coating – Cutback bitumen’s suitable for priming are also used for tack coats, which are applied to an underlying surface to help with the adhesion of subsequent asphalt layer.
- Primer Sealing – Where temperatures are too cool for an effective priming operation, or where traffic is likely to upset a primed surface before the final seal can be sprayed, a primer seal can be used to give adequate protection of the pavement for periods of up to 6 to 12 months. Cutback bitumen’s suitable for primer sealing can also be used in the manufacture of pre-mix asphalt, which is used in repairs
- Sprayed Sealing – Cutback bitumen’s are used extensively in sprayed sealing applications, particularly in cooler weather where they provide improved initial stone retention due to their lower viscosity.
- Packing: 220, 230, 240(Liter) new steel drum.
* Instead of viscosity of the residue, the specifying agency, at its option, can specify penetration 100 g: 5 s at 25°C [77°F] of 120 to 300 for Grades MC-30, MC-70, and MC-250, and 120 to 250 for MC-800 and MC-3000. However, in no case will both be required.*
† Editorially corrected to match originally published D2027–97.
Any copying of information is forbidden and prosecuted. Technical information is valid for buyers of the product and based on a sales contract (Data Sheet – version 981)